Monday, June 13, 2016

Who am I and why am I blogging?

I am an American Charedi Jew living in Israel who is going through a crisis of faith. In short, I have a hard time believing in Orthodox Judaism due to the many questions that I have. I still haven, keep all the mitzvah etc. but in my heart I have real doubts.

The purpose of this blog is to express these doubts and hopefully get some answers or at least conversation from commenters. One of the biggest problems that I have is that I have no one to talk to.  In many ways I am very lonely. My wife is a true believer in Hashem, and she constantly talks about emuna. My children go to Charedi schools and have been brainwashed by the Charedi educational system. My friends, chavrusas etc. are all true believers and would not listen or understand if I talked to them. Ironically, the one person I can talk to and feel closest to is a chiloni co-worker. I can say anything to him and he listens without judging.

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything with this blog, I am simply trying to express my doubts in the hope of clearing my mind and coming to some conclusion.

2 comments:

  1. Is there any way I can contact you? Or can you contact me at bentzilesches @ gmail.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me at the name of this blog at gmail

    ReplyDelete